Also known by the older Irish name of Gortenacuppogue. Marble Hill is in Galway, Ireland. It is located on a far earlier ancient pre-celtic settlement area, surrounded by prehistoric megalithic structures including wedge tombs and ringforts. It is today a townland in the parish of Ballynakill. Read more in the Marblehill history pages.
The Burke family that used to reside at Marble Hill house were one of the large estate landowners in county Galway during the 18th and 19th century. You can read more about the Burke family in our genealogy pages.
- History of the Marble Hill house
- Photos and associated images in our photo gallery
- Burkes’ of Marble Hill genealogy
- Find and request information in the Weblog
- Explore Marble Hill Wedge Tombs
- Discover the surrounding Locality
History Of Marble Hill can be found in the History Pages
Megalithic Tombs At Marble Hill
The old Ordnance Survey maps from the early 1840’s show a significant concentration of megalithic tombs within and near the grounds of Marblehill house.
Photo Gallery contains all available images