Marble Hill Cartron House
Cartron House was built around 1770 and the Burke family lived here whilst Marble Hill House was being constructed. After the family moved up to the new house, this house was then used as the Estate Managers House, it is only a couple of miles from the big house. In 1850 a large wing was added and was used as an army barracks for a few years. Now this large house is run as a B+B and still retains much of its character.
This is a personal history research article by Keith Isles. All content © Keith Isles